Sunday 13 March 2011

Time flies even when your not having fun!

I can't believe its been a week since I last posted.  Its been one of those weeks.....again.

Firstly on last Sundays evening Alex and Gabbie were out playing on the trampoline.  Alex run in yelling Gabbie had hurt her foot.  This is probably going to sound unfeeling but I just said yeah.  She is always hurting her ankles and feet and its never been anything serious.  She hopped in crying.  I have never seen her like that before.  She took her sock off and it became obvious that we'd need to get her medical treatment.  So we had to ask Chelsie to look after Noah and Alex.....changing her plans.  I helped Gabbie into the car.  She wasn't able to put any weight on her foot so it was her hopping and hanging onto my neck for dear life.  First there was the trip to the petrol station....the whole time with her sobbing and moaning in the back of the car.  Then the 20 miles to Colchetser A&E.  Mick dropped us off at the door and went to park the car.  So in we go...more hopping and neck hugging.  I booked her in and noticed the sign saying waiting times estimated to be between 2 and 3 hrs.  Must admit my heart sunk.  But luckily for us Colchester hospital has its own small children's A&E so we only waited about 45 Min's to be seen.  The lovely doc gave her some painkillers and got her a wheelchair.  Its one of those lovely NHS ones that they use that you pull the patient in rather than push.  We were sent off to x-ray.  She was quite quickly seen and we were sent back to A&E.  The doc looked at the x-rays and was happy there was no fracture.  They have given her a pair of crutches though and she was told to rest her foot.....much to her disgust as she'd just been picked for the gifted & talented hockey team.


This is her foot just after she hurt it.....being the kind caring mother I am I made sure we had a photo for face book before we went to the hospital.



This is it now the bruise has started to come out....its much more bruised than this now.


So Gabbie being Gabbie she decided that rather than have a day off on Monday she'd go to school.  I just waited for the inevitable phone call from the school and at about 2.30 pm it came.  Gabbie had fallen down some steps and her ankle was killing her so could she come home.  I said yes.  I was asked if I was going to go and pick her up.  When I said no I got a rather snotty Oh back.  The thing is we do literally live 2 minutes from the house and I haven't got a car and I do have Noah.  I don't know if they were expecting me to go there with Noah in a pram and give Gabbie a piggy back, back whilst still pushing the pram.  She got home fine anyway.

The rest of the week has pretty much just been snot filled.  That's my snot.  My sore throat went and became a sinus infection and cough.  Its pretty much disgusting when I wake up.  I spend the first 10 minutes coughing and blowing my nose trying to get to the point where I can breath.  I have now moved on from flu tablets to decongestant ones.    I wonder how many calories you burn up from an hour of coughing.....I wonder if I could get it to count towards my slimming world body magic award. 

I can't remember if I mentioned before but Mick my lovely hubby and my Mum are both town councillors.  Both had decided not to stand again in the may local elections.  Mainly down to Noah's problems.  But these last few weeks he has definitely gained quite a bit of sight so they have now decided they want to stand.  I did think that it was coming.  Micks been a cllr for 8 yrs and mum for 4.  And for the most part they enjoy it but just recently its been horrendous.  When it comes up to an election year all the different parties start getting at each other.  Mum and Mick are both independents and so try very hard not to get involved.  At the moment the council is very reminiscent of the playground.  Mick wants me to stand as well.  I have said I would....more as a seat filler than anything else as I don't have much desire to be a cllr.  Don't get me wrong if by some miracle I got in I would give it 100%....its just not my biggest desire right at this moment.

My biggest desire right now is to just feel human for longer than an hour at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment