Monday 14 March 2011

Birthdays

This week is full of important birthdays for us.  On the 19th my baby is becoming a legal adult....Chelsie will be the big 1...8.  I can't believe that.  I remember holding this tiny little bundle.  She was 7lb born and she had loads of wrinkly skin....she looked like a little old man.  And in a few days she'll be old enough to vote and more importantly to her go out and hit the pubs with her mates....well those that are old enough.  Her friend set up a facebook event thing and I was shocked to see so many of her good friends saying they weren't gonna go....I couldn't understand it.  So I mentioned it to her and she had to point out to thicko me that those who weren't going weren't 18 yet.

Then we have Evelyn who's birthday is also the 19th.....she is Micks lovely mum.  I can't remember her exact age...I think its something like 78.  We never know what to buy her as she says she has everything she could want or need.....so like my mum we always end up getting her bon marche vouchers.  Not very original but at least its something we know she'll want and will use.

And finally on the 16th we have our grandaugher Kaylas 3rd birthday on the 16th.  I love bargains so I had already brought her birthday and christmas presses by the end of January.  We were going to give her the smaller of the 2 for her birthday but Mick asked if we could give her the bigger one as it was stored in the bedroom in a box and it kept falling down and hiting him.  Its a boy doll called Sam....and he is massive.  Mick doesn't like him as he says he is scary looking.  I don't think he is...I just think that they don't like the size of him.  So now I just have to wrap him up.  Mick is working on wednesday so we won't be able to take her pressie up then....so we either do it today or I end up walking up there with the massive doll resting on the pram on weds.

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday to all those with birthdays for you! its scary how fast these children grow, dreading mine becoming teenagers, let alone adults xx

    ReplyDelete